Tuesday 25 June 2013

And a happy crafty day was had by all!

Hello everyone, thank you for visiting and a big welcome to my new followers!
It's not often I post about personal stuff, but yesterday I had such a fantastic day, that I just had to tell you about it. I was invited to mother and daughter crafters that many of you know, Rita and Annie who live not too far away from where I am.
Rita and Annie at Annie's very well organised craft table
We had a brilliant day of crafty chat, exchange of ideas, gorgeous food provided by both of these very kind ladies, and Rita taught both Annie and me how she makes her gorgeous flowers. We had so much fun, before I knew it, hours had sped by and it was time for the train journey home. Here is a picture of Rita and me, and no doubt if you visit their blogs in the next few days there will be some more lol.
Posing for our picture, glasses off. You can just see some of Rita's beautiful flowers she had brought to show us.

Below are some of Annie's amazing "curiously crafty treasures"

A beautiful bottle made by Annie
One of Rita's gorgeous bears

One of Annie's treasures, a real old typewriter, Tim Holtz would be proud of this!
And here finally some of the wonderful gifts they gave me:
A stunning box and card made by Rita and below a whole bag full of goodies brought over by Annie from Germany. Can't wait to start playing with them!!

I had the most fantastic day and am convinced once more that crafters are just the most generous and wonderful people on this planet! Thank you so much Annie and Rita for the most wonderful time!! Until we meet again!



20 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

I agree Astrid, crafters really are the most kind hearted and generous people to know. It's lovely to see the photos of you three having a good time and what beautiful gifts you have too.
hugs Brenda xxx

Jenny Marples said...

Oh this is so wonderful Astrid. I know both Rita and Annie were really looking forward to meeting with you. I agree; so many crafters really are the most fantastic and generous people. Hugs, Jenny x

Annie said...

Hi Astrid......we certainly had a fabulous day and it was so lovely to meet you. The time just flew in but it was fun, looking forward to our next get together .

Crafty hugs

Annie x

May said...

What a wonderful day Astrid... I follow these two lovely ladies also...it looks & sounds as though you all had a super day...Hugs May x x x

A.Marica by My Shabby Dream said...

Hello ...
what a wonderful meeting must have been what you told us.
thanks for sharing.

Love

chrissie said...

So pleased you had a wonderful day Astrid and I agree we meet so many wonderful people in our crafting world.

Thank you for sharing your happy day

Love Chrissie xx

Dorthe said...

Must have been wonderful to meet with friends, and create, laugh and have delicious food together, dear Astrid.
You had such lovely gifts also !!!
Hugs,Dorthe

Rita said...

Good Morning Astrid. Glad you enjoyed your Day with us. We certainly had a great time with you,but as Annie said the time went by so quickly. We laughed a lot and managed to get some crafty things done too. Looking forward to the next meet. Great Pictures too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Jennie Atkinson said...

Lovely photos and what a treat to have a shared day together. We must think about having a Scottish get together sometime!

Margaret Mifsud said...

I agree Astrid, crafty people are wonderful. Sounds like you had an absolutely lovely time and I can't wait to see your creations with the new stuff. ox

Heather Jacob said...

what fun this looks, so pleased you all got together and had fun ....the flowers look gorgeous x

Ros Crawford said...

It's always wonderful to see photos ... It sort of makes you feel you know the person even better ... Sounds like a brilliant day and you all look fabulous! TFS

Words and Pictures said...

How lovely for the three of you - sounds like a wonderful day of crafting and conversation - this is a really special community.
Alison x

Redanne said...

How lovely Astrid that you got to spend time with Rita and Annie, it sounds like you all really enjoyed a wonderful day together too. Crafters really are the best! Hugs, Anne x

Netty said...

Three special ladies meeting over a craft table, what could be better....
Thank you for sharing the great photos. Annette x

Rossella said...

I love crafting with my friends too, those are the best days
Rosie x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I'm SO JEALOUS!!! I just love these ladies! I keep telling, make that warning Annie, that some day I will come visit her! Lucky you! I can just imagine the fun conversation as well! Gorgeous flowers too!

Terry said...

I can only imagine how much fun you all had crafting, eating and visiting! So happy that you had such a great time and I so loved seeing pictures of you all! Hugs!

Unknown said...

You look as though you had a great time Astrid how lovely for you. i love making flowers - wish i had been there with you all

Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

Sandy said...

What wonderful pictures - thank you for sharing them!
sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key