Monday 1 December 2014

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

Hello everyone and happy first of December!!
I know, I know, it's scary with Christmas coming ever closer, but I for one am hugely looking forward to it!
Here is a Christmas project I created for the latest challenge at Our Creative Corner.

The lovely Alison chose the theme "Have Yourself  a Merry LITTLE Christmas". She would like us to make ATCs, chunky ATCs or ATBs. Well as you can see, I chose to make an ATB (Artist Trading Block) and turned it into a little lantern.

I started by cutting the largest of the Eileen Hull ATBs out of thick (480 grms) white card and cut circular openings with the Sizzix circle die.
Next I added texture to the sides with the help of some memory box stencils and texture paste, and  when that had dried,coloured with a mix of sprays, inks and some treasure gold over the raised bits. I cut 4 squares of parchment paper, and stamped some snowflakes and script on to them and then embossed with copper embossing powder. I glued those on the inside behind the circular openings. I also found a vintage snow angel online, re-sized it and then printed two of them, one reversed so I could glue them together and it would look alright from both sides.

Hope you can see from the photo how I folded the bottom of the angel, so that she would be able to stand on the top.
Next I made a little stand from a scrap bit of card to rest the rest of my embellishments against and give the box some backing.
I cut a decorative circle with a Spellbinders die, inked it with a mix of Vintage photo and Victorian Velvet, to pick up some of the colours in the snow angel and then embellished my box as you can see from the photos below with some greenery cut with the new Tim Holtz greenery die and a Johanna Sheen die.
I also made a little book with the Spellbinders labels 9 die and some coffee stained book pages and added a bit of cheese cloth to soften it all a bit.
I used a Stampendous Christmas Greeting on the background circle, one of the stamps I also used on the vellum.

Some little bits of Diamond Stickles here and there finished it all off.
Hope you are all well ahead with your Christmas preparations! Have a creative week and thanks for visiting!

33 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

What a wonderful christmas project - so beautiful!

Words and Pictures said...

So gorgeous, Astrid... I adore all the Christmas greenery flowing over the top and down the edges, and the tiny book is a wonderful touch. What a lovely glow through the snowflake panels too.
Alison xx

brenda said...

How very unique and beautiful Astrid. I love all the little elements, especially the trailing ivy and white poinsettia.

B x

Netty said...

Love your beautiful projects. Am nowhere near ready for Christmas, but love the season. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Claudia N. said...

What a lovely idea for a X-mas project, Astrid!

The ATB X-mas lantern looks absolutely adorable! And X-mas and "Astrid style" always go together soo very well!

I am no X-mas crafter or card-maker at all (as you know ;), but I so love to look at beautifully done X-mas projects like yours! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Suzanne C said...

Wowzer that is one gorgeous ATB!

Adriana B said...

THis is so amazing, love it Astrid, enjoy your time with your family, Happy Christmas

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Astrid this is stunning ... one of my favourites from you ... I just adore it! You must be so excited about seeing your family ... I am for you!

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW this is so gorgeous work here again hun. I absolutely love your creation here with the block, sooo sooo beautiful.

Maryanne said...

Gorgeous, Astrid! I love that you made it a lantern. It's a fantastic Christmas project!!

Rita said...

Oh my goodness Astrid. I love this so much. Everything about it speak Christmas to me. Maybe I'll have a go at one for myself, with your permission of course. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

Dorthe said...

What a wonderful ATB Astrid,- (never heard of that before ) it is completly overflowing with beautiful adds, like the greenery, the sweetest book,flowers, and the angel - and love the embossed snowflakes !
Dorthe, xox

Kerstin F. said...

Absolutly stunning!! love the beautiful christmas vintage feeling and the light effect, truly wonderful! Warm greetings, Kerstin

Deborah Wainwright said...

Scrumily delicious block. I love the idea of making it into a lantern it looks real fab. And as always Astrid I love the colours you use and the overall design in stunning. You are a very talented lady :) x

Carol said...

Love your ATB Astrid, it makes a wonderful Christmas decoration. Carol x

May said...

Gorgeous ATB...wonderful Christmas delight...Beautiful creative work Astrid... Hugs May x x

Redanne said...

Stunning! Your little lantern ATB is gorgeous, I love how you filled it with the greenery! Anne xx

Sandy said...

Have yourself a very merry Christmas, let the yule tide ring ---
is that how it goes? If not, you have me singing it anyway.
I would give anything to spend Christmas in Scotland! Preferably near or around Edinburgh. Oh well, I can dream.
We all have voted and agreed that we love you lantern ATB. It is filled with lots of good stuff. Myself, I am particularly fond of books!
Sandy xx

Meggymay said...

A stunning project, there are always so many amazing elements to your pieces. Loved how you made this and made it a tea light holder.
Yvonne

Julia S-W said...

This is simply beautiful Astrid! I love the fact that it's a lantern too. The little book is just a perfect addition to finish the look. Your tutorial is wonderful - if anyone ever wants to know how to do one, they should visit you!
Have a good week.
Juliaxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous Christmas project Love all your gorgeous embellishments

Anne

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosa idea para decorar en Navidad, besos

Almo said...

This is a truly stunning christmas lantern Astrid, I love the mix of greenery flowers and cheese cloth on the top complimenting your Angel. Mo x

Karin said...

This looks stunning,
Love how the light shines trough!
Groetjes Karin

Jackie PN said...

So very sweet Astrid!!xo

Nicole Wright Designs said...

Ummmm...WOW! Awesome ATB Astrid and that wee open book. Love what you've created and how well it all comes together. As it always does :)

Terry said...

Astrid, your altered ATB is gorgeous. How clever to turn it into a lantern and so lovely with all the texture. Love the box top with the open paged book and all the elements. Love this!

Marisa Job said...

What a beautiful Christmas project!! Love the flowers and the light shining through!! Hugs!

massofhair said...

Another project i would love to attempt Astrid, you are so inspirational! Stunning as always, thank you for the step by step.

My Christmas cards are done, written and posted. Most of the presents are wrapped and tagged, just food shopping and a few little bits and pieces to complete so am nearly there :-) xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love your ATB Christmas lantern, Astrid!! There's so much to look at (and touch if I could) :) I love the pine boughs with the trailing ivy and those flowers and that open book! Just marvelous! Your attention to every little detail is wonderful, Astrid! A lovely Christmas inspiration creation for OCC! Thank you for sharing your steps with us :) XOXO-Shari

Unknown said...

Astrid this is just about the tops of all projects... I LOVE THIS... and it inspired me to have another go at these lovely ATB... Your's is so very elegant and charming... and the softness around it is so dreamy like winter moments should be.... very nice... magnificently created by the master of paper.... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

pearshapedcrafting said...

Stunning! Don't think I need add any more words! Chrisx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key