Monday 16 March 2015

Collection Folio Journal part 2

Hello everyone and lovely to have you pop in here.
A while back I showed a Collection Folio Journal I was working on and today I am sharing the latest additions.
All of these little projects are really like pages in a journal, just for fun, just playing with stamps that have not been inked for a while, or bits and pieces flying around in my scrap box because they were left over or recycled from other projects. This is TIm Holtz Tissue over card inked and painted with Distress paints mostly. The stamp is from Paper Artsy.
Here is the other side. The vocal image here is a stamp by Limor Webber by Indigo Blue. Stencilling and stamping in the background is with Andy Skinner stamps and stencils.
A tag, cut from white card with the Tim Holtz die, old book paper, Distress Paints in Picket Fence and Antique Linen, there is some brown Gelato on there too and the heart stamp is also from Limor Webber. I just love her stamps! I stamped it twice, once on the tag and then again on a piece of card inked with Plum Archival and then I just cut out the heart to make it pop. The little guys at the top were images I have had in my stash for years, no idea where they came from...
This is just to cover the back of a previous piece, using very similar techniques. The butterfly was from the Tim Holtz mini butterflies, something went wrong, it slipped while I was embossing it. For that reason it was flying around on my desk, but I decided to embrace imperfection and use it here.

Here you can see how I have glued it into the waterfall thingy that comes with the folio. I always try to match the strip with the piece I am adding to the folio. I will glue the water fall into place only right at the end, so that  in the mean time it is easier to add pieces.
Here is the other side, again matching the strip to the main piece. Somehow there seems to be a kind of butterfly and steampunk theme going on through this whole folio. This was not a conscious decision, it just seems to be happening. I guess I am just trying to integrate my feminine and masculine side....
Here finally is the tag page inside the folio strip

I am trying to make each individual element hang together somehow with the other elements, so that ultimately when it's all glued inside the folio, the different pages all look cohesive.

Thanks for dropping by like always and hope you will have a great week!

25 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic work Astrid, you are on a roll! Valerie

brenda said...

A lovely creation to kick start the week Astrid.

B x

Alizabethy said...

What stunning pieces of work - just love them!

chrissie said...

Very clever way to use the folio Astrid and amazing things you have added to it

Love Chrissie x

Maryann Laursen said...

Sooooo gorgeous Astrid and very clever made in every dedetail. I love how it turned out, sooo beautiful.
I probably wount be able to visit now for many weeks, but it doesn´t mean, I´ve abandoned you, just that we´re going to the US for almost 6 weeks tomorrow, and I wount have much acces to a computer, but I´ll be back, when we´re back home again, and until then have a wonderful time everyone and lots of great crafty fun.

froebelsternchen said...

Every single element is just beautiful in this clever project.. looks awesome!
Happy new week Astrid!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW what a wonderful designed project, very inspiring, I love it very much, thanks for sharing the steps.
I wish you a sunny new week, big hugs Anja
DesignTeam

Rita said...

Good Morning Astrid. My goodness , what a pleasure it is to see your folio pages. Every one is so unique and the colours look amazing. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Dorthe said...

Wonderful tag pages , with your different adorned tags. I went back to see your amazing folie journal,Astrid, it is so gorgeous, and your new tags goes so well to the ones already created. I love you goes on with the butterfly and steampunh theme.
Hugs,Dorthe

Theresa said...

Your cards are wonderful and they fit into the folio so well. Don't you just love that format. thanks as always for sharing.

Inkypinkycraft said...

more scrummy details and textures x

massofhair said...

Your Folio is wonderful Astrid, i am loving how it is growing and getting fatter and even more pretty with all the details and textures you are adding. Thanks for sharing :-) xxx

Terry said...

Loving all the added folio goodies! So much interest and fabulous details! I am so loving this! Hugs!

Meggymay said...

This is going to be an awesome folio. These pieces all look fantastic, full of details and texture.
Yvonne

Juliz Design Post said...

More vintage loveliness to ooh and aah over. Stunning !
Julie x

Kathy Bradley said...

Hi Astrid,
Beautiful journal page inserts - each one! And, the little butterfly that you said slipped during embossing is beautiful too - I especially love him! After seeing your folio, I purchased the large and small and, of course, I am staring at them on my desk - wondering what to do with them. I have a list of Tim Holtz items I will be ordering in the next day or so - and will use some of those items on my folio projects - but only, of course, after I have stared at them enough. I enjoy your work so much. Thanks for sharing.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW...awesome inserts to add! LOVE the vintage artsy feel!

Ros Crawford said...

So very artistic ... Every single detail is wonderful ... including that butterfly!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Astrid! I just love that "back in the good old days" sentiment, what a great choice! Love your butterfly and all the other wonderful elements you included. Stunning. hugs :)

Jackie PN said...

Wonderful pieces individually but what a splendid folio once they are pulled together! Gorgeous Astrid!xo

Deb said...

Wow Astrid, from discarded bits and bobs you have created a masterpiece! Gorgeous folio, can't wait to see how it evolves as you put it together.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Such a wonderful thing to see all those scraps used in this way! Love everything you added to it! Chrisx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a breathtaking project.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow your project is gorgeous, I love all the elements. I've missed a lot of posts here, I must sign up for email notices, so that doesn't happen as I've been busy. Take care, Shirleyxx

Words and Pictures said...

Great new additions - that butterfly page is glorious. Your folio is going to be completely unique and so very you... wonderful.
Alison xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key